Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Instant Dahi Wada

                

                   I am back to blogging after ages… I have neglected my food blog and I was dying to get back but something or other kept me away. I lacked the motivation, perhaps…


Then last month, my daughter's therapist Sujata & Smriti asked “why don’t you conduct the flameless cooking classes for kids?” It was what I needed. The reason to get back…

So here I am with one of the recipes of my 1st Flameless cooking class.


This recipe reminds me of my childhood. As this was the instant snack my Mom used to make, after I came from school. Instant and healthy, ready in jiffy & tasty too…

So here is the recipe of Instant Dahi wada.


Preparation time: 15 min.                                            Serves: 2 People

Ingredients:

4 jeera butter
1 pack masala buttermilk
1 cup thick dahi/curd
Sugar to taste
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 teaspoon chaat masala
Chopped corainder leaves for garnish


Method:

1.    Soak butter in the masala buttermilk for 5 minutes on each side or till they turn soft.
Jeera Butter N Buttermilk

Butter soaking all the flavour

Some more soaking


2.    Mix sugar and curd, till sugar melts. Add salt to taste.

3.    Now remove the butter and place in a plate. Pour sweet curd over it.

Dunked in Sweet curd


4.    Sprinkle chaat masala and red chilli powder over it.

Some spice



5.    Garnish with corinder leaves and serve.

Instant Dahi wada

DMCA.com Protection Status

6 comments:

  1. This is cool! My MIL makes a version wherein the butters are replaced by bread soaked in buttermilk and pressed into balls...seems the butters will taste better! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnx Priya...try n let me know how it tasted :)

      Delete
  2. nice one!! good idea of flameless cooking for beginners!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so instantly innovative Aparna!
    I might drop in few requests ;) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u Pranali... m waiting for ur request...hope wil be able to help u :)

      Delete

Hi, Thank you for reading my blog. Please let me know your feedback. If you are leaving a comment, I would appreciate if you could leave your blog link along with your comment so that i can visit your blog also...

Thank you once again for reading.