Thursday, April 25, 2013

Summer Cooler...


DMCA.com


                         In this sultry summer, my Aayi always makes this cool drink for us… So I thought why not share with you?? … so here’s the recipe for cool & healthy drink

Ingredients

1 cup whole green gram / moong
Gul/jaggery according to taste
2 tsp elachi & nutmeg/jaiphal powder
Water

          Dry roast the gram till it smells & changes from green to brown. Add water & let it soak for nearly 1 hour.
After 1 hour, wash the gram & drain the water completely. Grind it to fine paste with elachi powder & gul. Add water to get required consistency. Strain the mixture. Adjust the water & sweetness to your taste.
Serve cold…

I am sure you’ll enjoy this cool & refreshing homemade drink in this hot summer…ENJOY…

7 comments:

  1. I am sure it must be a great cooler as mung is a natural coolant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Never heard of this drink, Aparna.Surely it's very nutritious too. Will try it out soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Corinne its traditional home recipe...u wont find it in any books :)..try it...u will surely like it :)

      Delete
  3. This is something I am hearing/ seeing for the first time. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of a moong drink ever! Something worth trying!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thank you for reading my blog. Please let me know your feedback. If you are leaving a comment, I would appreciate if you could leave your blog link along with your comment so that i can visit your blog also...

Thank you once again for reading.